High Performance Host-Based Fax Processing Software
The SR140 series is a software-based intelligent fax technology
from Brooktrout Technology that takes advantage of recent industry advances in
computational processing power. The SR140 is an open platform that offers small,
medium and enterprise customers real-time fax-over-IP capability with the same
level of high performance fax capability and reliability expected from a
Brooktrout intelligent fax board.
The SR140 has the same renowned functionality that has made
Brooktrout the leading provider of intelligent fax boards, including
Brooktroutís industry leading T.30 protocol, Error Correction Mode, MMR fax
compression plus real-time fax over IP capability. For customers requiring a low
or medium density fax solution, the SR140 is available in 2, 4, 8 or 12
For customers requiring a higher density fax solution, the SR140
is available in 24, 30, 48 and 60 channels. To add more channels as their needs
grow, customers can install a simple software license upgrade.
The SR140 has the same API as Brooktroutís board-based fax
products. That is, a single application written to our API will work on
Brooktroutís complete line of fax software and hardware products. Developers can
create fax applications with the SR140 using the Brooktrout Technology Fax and
Voice Application Programming Interface (BFV API), a powerful, sophisticated
application development environment. High-level functions permit programmers to
quickly create powerful applications.
The SR140 supports both the SIP and H.323 call control today and
has been tested and certified with market-leading hardware.
- Network Fax
- Broadcast Fax
- Production Fax
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Process Automation
- Unified Messaging
- Fax On Demand
Features & Benefits
- Integrates with VoIP Networks: The SR140 enables end users to implement IP
fax into their existing VoIP network with the same level of simplicity and
confirmation as a traditional PSTN-based fax solution, but with the benefits
of transmitting over IP in a WAN environment.
- Host-Based Fax Processing Reduces Complexity and Lowers Maintenance Costs:
With no boards to install or maintain, the SR140 reduces complexity,
simplifies deployment and lowers maintenance costs. For the fist time ever end
users can purchase an all in one software-only fax server.
- Interoperability with Industry Leading IP Hardware: The SR140 has been
tested and certified with the market-leading routers and gateways.
- Reliable IP-Based Fax Transmissions: The SR140 delivers tried and true
reliable faxing with Brooktroutís T.30 protocol, which is among the best in
the business based on years of experience.
- Supports the Same API as the Existing TR1034 Series: A single application
written to our API will work on Brooktrout's complete line of fax software and
- Simplify Logistics and Deployment: Support and sell an integrated
software-only fax serveróno inventory to worry about and no hardware upgrades
- Write a Single Application that Spans Hardware and Software; PSTN and IP:
Sell into both IP and PSTN accounts with the same application running on
either the software based SR140 or hardware based TR1034.
- Software-Only Solution Allows Demos to be Made Widely Available: Eases
sales process for application developers and resellers.
- ITU T.38 (endpoint)
- ITU T.30 Group 3
- V.17, V.29, V.27ter, V.21 & V.33 modulation with auto fallback
- Onboard MH, MR, MMR compression
- Onboard image and ASCII conversion (w/headers)
- A4, A3 and B4 page sizes with scaling
- Error correction mode (ECM)
- Resolution 100x100, 200x200, 300x300, 400x400,600x600, 800x400, 400x800,
- Line error detection/correction
- Font download
- SIP (RFC 3261)
- H.323 (version 4)
- Cisco 3700 Series Router with IOS version 12.3
- Cisco 2600 Series Router with IOS version 12.3
- Cisco AS5400 Series Universal Gateway with IOS version 12.3
* Brooktrout is continually adding IP PBX and T.38 Gateway
OPERATING SYSTEM SUPPORT
- Windows 2000 server
- Windows XP Pro
- Windows 2000 Pro
- Windows 2003
- Windows 2000 Enterprise
SR140 will support from 2 to 120 ports in a single server
depending upon the partner application (in some cases a dedicated server may be
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Pentium 4/2.66 GHz
- 512 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM memory
- Native Ethernet connection
SR140 products are available as License Certificates, available
in the following IP port denominations. Multiple licenses can be installed on
the same system to reach the desired port count:
- SR140+2F: 2 ports
- SR140+24F: 24 ports
- SR140+4F: 4 ports
- SR140+30F: 30 ports
- SR140+8F: 8 ports
- SR140+48F: 48 ports
- SR140+12F: 12 ports
- SR140+60F: 60 ports
The SR140 software product uses Product Activation technology.
As part of the installation of the Brooktrout software, Product Activation may
be completed via the Internet, email or by fax and involves entering the License
Key shown on the license certificate.
APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
Brooktrout Bfv API
SR140 MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT
Stay up to date with the latest fixes, IP PBX, and T.38 Gateway
interoperability updates by purchasing a maintenance and support agreement.